There’s lots of opportunities for everyone to get involved. If you’d like to volunteer for any of the events please contact SU Volunteers – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday 10th February
- Go Green Week launch – click here to complete the quiz and be in with a chance to win a meal at the Tower Bar for you and three friends.
- ‘Ethical shopping and its social consequences’ – Anthony Veluz, LLM student in the Law School and rep for ethical company Elephant Branded. Followed by another talk from Rohan Krajeski, UNICEF President on the theme of ethics and rights. Business and Law BL2014 12pm-2pm
Tuesday 11th February
- Take the One Pot Pledge – Lincolnshire Master Gardeners will be showing staff and students how to pot up their own herb plant. Look after it and watch it grow! – Atrium 11am-2pm
- Fairtrade smoothie bike – Take a ride on the Sustrans smoothie bike and be rewarded with a refreshing fruit smoothie.
- Veggie delights – Come and sample some cakes made with surprising ingredients and get some great ideas for using up leftover fruit and veg – Atrium 11am – 2pm
Wednesday 12th February
- Litter pick – Volunteer to pick litter in the City – Monks Road 11am – 2pm – contact SU Volunteers
- Crafty upcycling and DIY crafts – Join Oxfam and Revival to learn a new craft – The Platform 1pm – 4pm
- Floor Art – You’ll be amazed at what gets flushed down into our sewers join Anglian Water in the Atrium to find out more – Atrium 11am – 2pm
- Marine Conservation Workshop – Come and learn about how you can help protect our marine environment with a Marine Conservation Society Sea Champion – Room MB1003, Main Admin Building 1630 start – book a place by commenting on our Facebook page GreenLincolnUni or by email to email@example.com – we’ve had it confirmed that this event can count towards the Lincoln Award, if you need proof of attendance just ask at the event.
- Trashed film screening – FREE film screening followed by discussion about waste and how we manage it – Cargill Lecture Theatre, Main Admin Building, 1830 start
Thursday 13th February
- National Student Money Week event – learn how to budget including how to manage your energy bills more effectively – Atrium – see poster below
Friday 14th February
- Dr Bike – Got a problem with your bicycle? Dr Bike will sort you out – Unfortunately Dr Bike will not be taking place this week – Get well soon Trevor!!
- Preserving traditional farming in local communities in Tamilnadu following the tsunami in 2004 – talk from Subash Chellaiah, University Chaplain. Main Admin building MB0603, 6pm – 7.30pm
Tuesday 18th February
- Islamic Society – Get your community green workshop – 12pm ENG328, Engineering Hub, Brayford Campus – part of Discover Islam Week 2014.
National Student Money Week is going large this year and will be running events every Thursday for a month!